<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:media="http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Album The Magi from Martin M. Miles</title>
  <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/album/1291402</link>
  <image>
    <url>https://cdn.ipernity.com/p/105/57/EF/323415.buddy.jpg</url>
    <title>Album The Magi from Martin M. Miles</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/album/1291402</link>
  </image>
  <description></description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 18 Aug 2026 17:10:44 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Tue, 18 Aug 2026 17:10:44 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <generator>https://www.ipernity.com</generator>
  <item>
    <title>Münster  -  LWL Museum für Kunst und Kultur</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53258760/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-02-27,doc-53258760</guid>
    <pubDate>Fri, 27 Feb 2026 19:20:38 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-11-01T16:02:32+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53258760/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/87/60/53258760.279e9e39.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="135" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Muenster, the cultural centre of Westphalia, is a city with a population of more than 250.000 of which nearly 50.000 are students at the University of Muenster. This surely helped Muenster to gain the status of the "bicycle capital of Germany".&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
The "Westphalian State Museum of Art and Cultural History" dates back to the 19th century and owes its existence largely to the contributions of local art associations. The Westphalian Art Association, founded in 1831, played a crucial role in collecting and preserving regional art. The museum has undergone several renovations, including the construction of a new building, which opened in September 2014. The museum displays artworks from the early Middle Ages to the present day. Its collection comprises more than 300,000 exhibits.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
Meister von Liesborn / Werkstatt / aktiv zwischen 1460 und 1490 &lt;br /&gt;
Es gibt Vermutungen, dass er mit Johann von Soest identisch ist.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
Meister von Liesborn / Workshop / active between 1460 and 1490&lt;br /&gt;
There are speculations that he is identical with Johann von Soest.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
Marienretabel aus Herzebrock (Mitteltafel: Reproduktion)&lt;br /&gt;
St. Mary´s altarpiece from Herzebrock (Center panel: reproduction)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Adoration of the Magi is on the left wing&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Münster  -  LWL Museum für Kunst und Kultur</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53258760/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/87/60/53258760.279e9e39.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="135" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Muenster, the cultural centre of Westphalia, is a city with a population of more than 250.000 of which nearly 50.000 are students at the University of Muenster. This surely helped Muenster to gain the status of the "bicycle capital of Germany".&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
The "Westphalian State Museum of Art and Cultural History" dates back to the 19th century and owes its existence largely to the contributions of local art associations. The Westphalian Art Association, founded in 1831, played a crucial role in collecting and preserving regional art. The museum has undergone several renovations, including the construction of a new building, which opened in September 2014. The museum displays artworks from the early Middle Ages to the present day. Its collection comprises more than 300,000 exhibits.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
Meister von Liesborn / Werkstatt / aktiv zwischen 1460 und 1490 &lt;br /&gt;
Es gibt Vermutungen, dass er mit Johann von Soest identisch ist.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
Meister von Liesborn / Workshop / active between 1460 and 1490&lt;br /&gt;
There are speculations that he is identical with Johann von Soest.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
Marienretabel aus Herzebrock (Mitteltafel: Reproduktion)&lt;br /&gt;
St. Mary´s altarpiece from Herzebrock (Center panel: reproduction)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Adoration of the Magi is on the left wing&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/87/60/53258760.279e9e39.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="315" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/87/60/53258760.279e9e39.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="135"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/87/60/53258760.279e9e39.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="57"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Münster  -  LWL Museum für Kunst und Kultur</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53258646/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-02-27,doc-53258646</guid>
    <pubDate>Fri, 27 Feb 2026 16:23:58 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-11-01T15:52:14+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53258646/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/86/46/53258646.8b5b2440.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="108" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Muenster, the cultural centre of Westphalia, is a city with a population of more than 250.000 of which nearly 50.000 are students at the University of Muenster. This surely helped Muenster to gain the status of the "bicycle capital of Germany".&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
The "Westphalian State Museum of Art and Cultural History" dates back to the 19th century and owes its existence largely to the contributions of local art associations. The Westphalian Art Association, founded in 1831, played a crucial role in collecting and preserving regional art. The museum has undergone several renovations, including the construction of a new building, which opened in September 2014. The museum displays artworks from the early Middle Ages to the present day. Its collection comprises more than 300,000 exhibits.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
Meister des Fröndenberger Marienaltares  (  active 1400/40  )&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Blankenberch Retabel mit Marientod (nach Conrad v. Soest)&lt;br /&gt;
Blankenberch Retabel with death of Mary (after C.v.Soest) /  1430/40 &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Left :  the Annunciation&lt;br /&gt;
Right: the Adoration of the Magi&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Münster  -  LWL Museum für Kunst und Kultur</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53258646/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/86/46/53258646.8b5b2440.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="108" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Muenster, the cultural centre of Westphalia, is a city with a population of more than 250.000 of which nearly 50.000 are students at the University of Muenster. This surely helped Muenster to gain the status of the "bicycle capital of Germany".&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
The "Westphalian State Museum of Art and Cultural History" dates back to the 19th century and owes its existence largely to the contributions of local art associations. The Westphalian Art Association, founded in 1831, played a crucial role in collecting and preserving regional art. The museum has undergone several renovations, including the construction of a new building, which opened in September 2014. The museum displays artworks from the early Middle Ages to the present day. Its collection comprises more than 300,000 exhibits.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
Meister des Fröndenberger Marienaltares  (  active 1400/40  )&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Blankenberch Retabel mit Marientod (nach Conrad v. Soest)&lt;br /&gt;
Blankenberch Retabel with death of Mary (after C.v.Soest) /  1430/40 &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Left :  the Annunciation&lt;br /&gt;
Right: the Adoration of the Magi&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/86/46/53258646.8b5b2440.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="250" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/86/46/53258646.8b5b2440.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="108"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/86/46/53258646.8b5b2440.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="45"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Münster  -  LWL Museum für Kunst und Kultur</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53257806/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-02-26,doc-53257806</guid>
    <pubDate>Thu, 26 Feb 2026 21:06:34 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-11-01T15:47:43+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53257806/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/06/53257806.24d38fa3.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="187" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Muenster, the cultural centre of Westphalia, is a city with a population of more than 250.000 of which nearly 50.000 are students at the University of Muenster. This surely helped Muenster to gain the status of the "bicycle capital of Germany".&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
The "Westphalian State Museum of Art and Cultural History" dates back to the 19th century and owes its existence largely to the contributions of local art associations. The Westphalian Art Association, founded in 1831, played a crucial role in collecting and preserving regional art. The museum has undergone several renovations, including the construction of a new building, which opened in September 2014. The museum displays artworks from the early Middle Ages to the present day. Its collection comprises more than 300,000 exhibits.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Kreuzigung, Anbetung der Könige  /&lt;br /&gt;
Crucifixion, Adoration of the Magi  /&lt;br /&gt;
Ivory, Northern France, about 1330&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Münster  -  LWL Museum für Kunst und Kultur</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53257806/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/06/53257806.24d38fa3.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="187" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Muenster, the cultural centre of Westphalia, is a city with a population of more than 250.000 of which nearly 50.000 are students at the University of Muenster. This surely helped Muenster to gain the status of the "bicycle capital of Germany".&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
The "Westphalian State Museum of Art and Cultural History" dates back to the 19th century and owes its existence largely to the contributions of local art associations. The Westphalian Art Association, founded in 1831, played a crucial role in collecting and preserving regional art. The museum has undergone several renovations, including the construction of a new building, which opened in September 2014. The museum displays artworks from the early Middle Ages to the present day. Its collection comprises more than 300,000 exhibits.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Kreuzigung, Anbetung der Könige  /&lt;br /&gt;
Crucifixion, Adoration of the Magi  /&lt;br /&gt;
Ivory, Northern France, about 1330&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/06/53257806.24d38fa3.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="435" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/06/53257806.24d38fa3.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="187"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/06/53257806.24d38fa3.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="78"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Münster  -  LWL Museum für Kunst und Kultur</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53257746/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-02-26,doc-53257746</guid>
    <pubDate>Thu, 26 Feb 2026 20:58:42 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-11-01T15:46:36+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53257746/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/77/46/53257746.5a6a8d5d.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="181" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Muenster, the cultural centre of Westphalia, is a city with a population of more than 250.000 of which nearly 50.000 are students at the University of Muenster. This surely helped Muenster to gain the status of the "bicycle capital of Germany".&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
The "Westphalian State Museum of Art and Cultural History" dates back to the 19th century and owes its existence largely to the contributions of local art associations. The Westphalian Art Association, founded in 1831, played a crucial role in collecting and preserving regional art. The museum has undergone several renovations, including the construction of a new building, which opened in September 2014. The museum displays artworks from the early Middle Ages to the present day. Its collection comprises more than 300,000 exhibits.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Kreuzigung, Anbetung der Könige  /&lt;br /&gt;
Crucifixion, Adoration of the Magi  /&lt;br /&gt;
Ivory, about 1370&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Münster  -  LWL Museum für Kunst und Kultur</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53257746/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/77/46/53257746.5a6a8d5d.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="181" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Muenster, the cultural centre of Westphalia, is a city with a population of more than 250.000 of which nearly 50.000 are students at the University of Muenster. This surely helped Muenster to gain the status of the "bicycle capital of Germany".&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
The "Westphalian State Museum of Art and Cultural History" dates back to the 19th century and owes its existence largely to the contributions of local art associations. The Westphalian Art Association, founded in 1831, played a crucial role in collecting and preserving regional art. The museum has undergone several renovations, including the construction of a new building, which opened in September 2014. The museum displays artworks from the early Middle Ages to the present day. Its collection comprises more than 300,000 exhibits.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Kreuzigung, Anbetung der Könige  /&lt;br /&gt;
Crucifixion, Adoration of the Magi  /&lt;br /&gt;
Ivory, about 1370&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/77/46/53257746.5a6a8d5d.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="422" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/77/46/53257746.5a6a8d5d.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="181"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/77/46/53257746.5a6a8d5d.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="76"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Münster  -  LWL Museum für Kunst und Kultur</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53255786/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-02-24,doc-53255786</guid>
    <pubDate>Tue, 24 Feb 2026 19:33:30 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-11-01T15:12:12+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53255786/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/57/86/53255786.522b3cff.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="229" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Muenster, the cultural centre of Westphalia, is a city with a population of more than 250.000 of which nearly 50.000 are students at the University of Muenster. This surely helped Muenster to gain the status of the "bicycle capital of Germany".&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
The "Westphalian State Museum of Art and Cultural History" dates back to the 19th century and owes its existence largely to the contributions of local art associations. The Westphalian Art Association, founded in 1831, played a crucial role in collecting and preserving regional art. The museum has undergone several renovations, including the construction of a new building, which opened in September 2014. The museum displays artworks from the early Middle Ages to the present day. Its collection comprises more than 300,000 exhibits.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Lucas Cranach der Ältere  ( 1472  -   1553 )   workshop&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Szenen aus dem Marienleben  /  Scenes from the Life of Mary  /  1515&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Depicted on the right wing is the Adoration of the Magi&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Münster  -  LWL Museum für Kunst und Kultur</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53255786/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/57/86/53255786.522b3cff.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="229" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Muenster, the cultural centre of Westphalia, is a city with a population of more than 250.000 of which nearly 50.000 are students at the University of Muenster. This surely helped Muenster to gain the status of the "bicycle capital of Germany".&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
The "Westphalian State Museum of Art and Cultural History" dates back to the 19th century and owes its existence largely to the contributions of local art associations. The Westphalian Art Association, founded in 1831, played a crucial role in collecting and preserving regional art. The museum has undergone several renovations, including the construction of a new building, which opened in September 2014. The museum displays artworks from the early Middle Ages to the present day. Its collection comprises more than 300,000 exhibits.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Lucas Cranach der Ältere  ( 1472  -   1553 )   workshop&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Szenen aus dem Marienleben  /  Scenes from the Life of Mary  /  1515&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Depicted on the right wing is the Adoration of the Magi&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/57/86/53255786.522b3cff.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="534" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/57/86/53255786.522b3cff.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="229"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/57/86/53255786.522b3cff.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="96"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53207880/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-13,doc-53207880</guid>
    <pubDate>Tue, 13 Jan 2026 20:25:54 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T14:02:30+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53207880/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/80/53207880.828e3f06.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="180" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Detail of the &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Altarpiece, &lt;br /&gt;
Northern France (Beauvais ?), 1520 - 1530&lt;br /&gt;
(prev upload), &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Adoration of the Magi&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53207880/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/80/53207880.828e3f06.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="180" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Detail of the &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Altarpiece, &lt;br /&gt;
Northern France (Beauvais ?), 1520 - 1530&lt;br /&gt;
(prev upload), &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Adoration of the Magi&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/80/53207880.828e3f06.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="420" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/80/53207880.828e3f06.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="180"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/80/53207880.828e3f06.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="75"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53207090/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-12,doc-53207090</guid>
    <pubDate>Mon, 12 Jan 2026 19:08:14 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T13:52:05+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53207090/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/70/90/53207090.d2ca2515.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="162" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Detail of the &lt;br /&gt;
Antwerp Altarpiece, about 1510 - 1520&lt;br /&gt;
(prev upload), &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Adoration of the Magi&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53207090/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/70/90/53207090.d2ca2515.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="162" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Detail of the &lt;br /&gt;
Antwerp Altarpiece, about 1510 - 1520&lt;br /&gt;
(prev upload), &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Adoration of the Magi&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/70/90/53207090.d2ca2515.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="378" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/70/90/53207090.d2ca2515.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="162"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/70/90/53207090.d2ca2515.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="68"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53203130/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-10,doc-53203130</guid>
    <pubDate>Sat, 10 Jan 2026 18:48:06 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T12:05:25+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53203130/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/31/30/53203130.4c44a690.240.jpg?r2" width="194" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Diptych &lt;br /&gt;
Ivory, Northern France, 1300 - 1325&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1. register - Adoration of the Magi &lt;br /&gt;
2. register - Dormition of the Virgin&lt;br /&gt;
3. register - Coronation of the Virgin / Last Judgement&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53203130/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/31/30/53203130.4c44a690.240.jpg?r2" width="194" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Diptych &lt;br /&gt;
Ivory, Northern France, 1300 - 1325&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1. register - Adoration of the Magi &lt;br /&gt;
2. register - Dormition of the Virgin&lt;br /&gt;
3. register - Coronation of the Virgin / Last Judgement&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/31/30/53203130.4c44a690.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="452" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/31/30/53203130.4c44a690.240.jpg?r2" width="194" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/31/30/53203130.4c44a690.100.jpg?r2" width="81" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53202988/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-10,doc-53202988</guid>
    <pubDate>Sat, 10 Jan 2026 16:31:42 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T12:04:27+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53202988/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/29/88/53202988.dffb3c23.240.jpg?r2" width="231" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Triptych &lt;br /&gt;
known as the &lt;br /&gt;
"Saint du Sulpice de Tarn Triptych"&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Ivory, Paris about 1300&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
lower register: &lt;br /&gt;
Adoration of the Magi, Virgin and Child, Presentation at the Temple, &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
upper register: &lt;br /&gt;
Christ carrying the Cross, Crucifixion, Deposition from the Cross&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53202988/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/29/88/53202988.dffb3c23.240.jpg?r2" width="231" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Triptych &lt;br /&gt;
known as the &lt;br /&gt;
"Saint du Sulpice de Tarn Triptych"&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Ivory, Paris about 1300&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
lower register: &lt;br /&gt;
Adoration of the Magi, Virgin and Child, Presentation at the Temple, &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
upper register: &lt;br /&gt;
Christ carrying the Cross, Crucifixion, Deposition from the Cross&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/29/88/53202988.dffb3c23.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="539" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/29/88/53202988.dffb3c23.240.jpg?r2" width="231" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/29/88/53202988.dffb3c23.100.jpg?r2" width="97" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53201024/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-07,doc-53201024</guid>
    <pubDate>Wed, 07 Jan 2026 21:01:02 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-15T13:11:44+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53201024/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/10/24/53201024.4ce39689.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="67" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Details of the ivory diptych (prev, upl.) &lt;br /&gt;
France, about 1350 &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Annunciation, &lt;br /&gt;
Nativity (Mary breastfeeding Jesus), &lt;br /&gt;
Adoration of the Magi, &lt;br /&gt;
Presentation at the Temple&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53201024/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/10/24/53201024.4ce39689.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="67" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Details of the ivory diptych (prev, upl.) &lt;br /&gt;
France, about 1350 &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Annunciation, &lt;br /&gt;
Nativity (Mary breastfeeding Jesus), &lt;br /&gt;
Adoration of the Magi, &lt;br /&gt;
Presentation at the Temple&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/10/24/53201024.4ce39689.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="157" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/10/24/53201024.4ce39689.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="67"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/10/24/53201024.4ce39689.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="28"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Amiens - Cathedral</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53084970/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2025-09-22,doc-53084970</guid>
    <pubDate>Mon, 22 Sep 2025 17:01:30 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-07-01T16:12:57+02:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53084970/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/49/70/53084970.2ac98a42.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="229" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The construction of the "Cathédrale Notre-Dame d'Amiens" started in 1220, after a predecessor Romanesque church burnt down two years earlier. Unusual for medieval structures, the first architects are known here. Robert de Luzarches was the architect until 1228. He was followed by Thomas de Cormont until 1258. His son, Renaud de Cormont, acted as the architect until 1288.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Today Amiens Cathedral is the largest existing Gothic cathedral in France. There was a lot of competition between the cities and towns about the largest nave, the highest vaults. The long and relatively peaceful reign of Louis IX (aka "Saint Louis") brought prosperity to the region, so that Amiens could afford such a structure. The cathedral is 145m long (interior length 133,50m). The volume of the structure is about 200.000m³, Notre Dame de Paris has only about 100.000m³&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The west front was built from 1220 to 1236, actually the building process started here. There are three vast deep porches, capped with the gallery of twenty-two over lifesize kings. During a cleaning process in the 1990s, it was discovered that the facade was originally painted in multiple colours. The south tower was completed in 1366, the north (higher) one in 1406.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Dream of the Magi&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Amiens - Cathedral</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53084970/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/49/70/53084970.2ac98a42.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="229" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The construction of the "Cathédrale Notre-Dame d'Amiens" started in 1220, after a predecessor Romanesque church burnt down two years earlier. Unusual for medieval structures, the first architects are known here. Robert de Luzarches was the architect until 1228. He was followed by Thomas de Cormont until 1258. His son, Renaud de Cormont, acted as the architect until 1288.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Today Amiens Cathedral is the largest existing Gothic cathedral in France. There was a lot of competition between the cities and towns about the largest nave, the highest vaults. The long and relatively peaceful reign of Louis IX (aka "Saint Louis") brought prosperity to the region, so that Amiens could afford such a structure. The cathedral is 145m long (interior length 133,50m). The volume of the structure is about 200.000m³, Notre Dame de Paris has only about 100.000m³&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The west front was built from 1220 to 1236, actually the building process started here. There are three vast deep porches, capped with the gallery of twenty-two over lifesize kings. During a cleaning process in the 1990s, it was discovered that the facade was originally painted in multiple colours. The south tower was completed in 1366, the north (higher) one in 1406.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Dream of the Magi&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/49/70/53084970.2ac98a42.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="533" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/49/70/53084970.2ac98a42.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="229"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/49/70/53084970.2ac98a42.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="96"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Tournai - Cathédrale Notre-Dame</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53078264/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2025-09-16,doc-53078264</guid>
    <pubDate>Tue, 16 Sep 2025 16:10:30 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-06-01T14:45:59+02:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53078264/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/82/64/53078264.be501693.240.jpg?r2" width="203" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Tournai lies on the site of the Roman Turnacum and is, after Tongeren, the oldest city in Belgium. This was the site of a ford on the Scheldt River, where the connection between Boulogne-sur-Mer and Cologne, which had been expanded into a fortified Roman road, crossed the Scheldt. The Roman camp was plundered by the Franks and Chauci, but survived until 406, when the Vandals attacked and destroyed it.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The city became a Merovingian seat of power in the mid-5th century, from which King Childeric I also operated. In 486, Clovis moved the center of power to Paris. In 862, Charles the Bald, first king of Western Francia and still to become Holy Roman Emperor, would make Tournai the seat of the County of Flanders.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 The city participated in 11th-century rise of towns in the Low Countries, with a woollen cloth industry, which made it attractive to merchants. The commune's drive for independence from the local counts succeeded in 1187, and the city was henceforth directly subordinated to the French Crown. During the 15th century, the city became an important supplier of tapestry. It was captured in 1513 by Henry VIII of England and was handed back to French rule in 1519.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Tournai Cathedral  of Notre Dame is the seat of the Diocese of Tournai. It has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2000.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1146, by order of Pope Eugene III, the Diocese of Tournai was established by splitting off from the Diocese of Noyon. The present cathedral was already under construction at that time. The transept was not vaulted until the beginning of the 13th century, followed by the construction of the crossing tower and the four flanking towers. The crossing has a Romanesque triforium above the transepts, but is already covered with a Gothic ribbed vault. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Under Bishop Walter de Marvis, the Romanesque choir was replaced in 1243 by the present, larger, High Gothic choir, which was consecrated in 1255. At the beginning of the 14th century, the west façade, which had no towers except for two delicate round turrets, received its Gothic vestibule, and by 1325, two more side chapels had been built in the Gothic style.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thirteen works of art were stolen during an armed robbery at the cathedral in February 2008. The total value of the loot is estimated at 40 million euros. Nevertheless, there is still much to discover in the treasury.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Relic Shrine of Our Lady&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Nicolas de Verdun (c 1130 - c 1205) was a goldsmith working near Vienna, in Cologne, and in Tournai. He was part of the Mosan art movement, had a large atelier and workshop probably near Verdun and marked the transition from Romanesque to early Gothic. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
His best known works are&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The "Verdun Altar",  located at the Klosterneuburg Monastery in Austria.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The "Shrine of the Three Magi", located in the Cologne Cathedral.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The "Relic Shrine of Our Lady" in Tournai, dated to the early 1200s. It  depicts, among other things, fourteen episodes from the lives of Mary and Christ. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Adoration of the Magi&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Tournai - Cathédrale Notre-Dame</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53078264/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/82/64/53078264.be501693.240.jpg?r2" width="203" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Tournai lies on the site of the Roman Turnacum and is, after Tongeren, the oldest city in Belgium. This was the site of a ford on the Scheldt River, where the connection between Boulogne-sur-Mer and Cologne, which had been expanded into a fortified Roman road, crossed the Scheldt. The Roman camp was plundered by the Franks and Chauci, but survived until 406, when the Vandals attacked and destroyed it.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The city became a Merovingian seat of power in the mid-5th century, from which King Childeric I also operated. In 486, Clovis moved the center of power to Paris. In 862, Charles the Bald, first king of Western Francia and still to become Holy Roman Emperor, would make Tournai the seat of the County of Flanders.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 The city participated in 11th-century rise of towns in the Low Countries, with a woollen cloth industry, which made it attractive to merchants. The commune's drive for independence from the local counts succeeded in 1187, and the city was henceforth directly subordinated to the French Crown. During the 15th century, the city became an important supplier of tapestry. It was captured in 1513 by Henry VIII of England and was handed back to French rule in 1519.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Tournai Cathedral  of Notre Dame is the seat of the Diocese of Tournai. It has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2000.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1146, by order of Pope Eugene III, the Diocese of Tournai was established by splitting off from the Diocese of Noyon. The present cathedral was already under construction at that time. The transept was not vaulted until the beginning of the 13th century, followed by the construction of the crossing tower and the four flanking towers. The crossing has a Romanesque triforium above the transepts, but is already covered with a Gothic ribbed vault. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Under Bishop Walter de Marvis, the Romanesque choir was replaced in 1243 by the present, larger, High Gothic choir, which was consecrated in 1255. At the beginning of the 14th century, the west façade, which had no towers except for two delicate round turrets, received its Gothic vestibule, and by 1325, two more side chapels had been built in the Gothic style.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thirteen works of art were stolen during an armed robbery at the cathedral in February 2008. The total value of the loot is estimated at 40 million euros. Nevertheless, there is still much to discover in the treasury.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Relic Shrine of Our Lady&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Nicolas de Verdun (c 1130 - c 1205) was a goldsmith working near Vienna, in Cologne, and in Tournai. He was part of the Mosan art movement, had a large atelier and workshop probably near Verdun and marked the transition from Romanesque to early Gothic. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
His best known works are&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The "Verdun Altar",  located at the Klosterneuburg Monastery in Austria.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The "Shrine of the Three Magi", located in the Cologne Cathedral.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The "Relic Shrine of Our Lady" in Tournai, dated to the early 1200s. It  depicts, among other things, fourteen episodes from the lives of Mary and Christ. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Adoration of the Magi&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/82/64/53078264.be501693.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="474" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/82/64/53078264.be501693.240.jpg?r2" width="203" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/82/64/53078264.be501693.100.jpg?r2" width="85" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Tournai - Cathédrale Notre-Dame</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53078162/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2025-09-16,doc-53078162</guid>
    <pubDate>Tue, 16 Sep 2025 11:51:08 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-06-01T14:33:54+02:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53078162/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/81/62/53078162.ab08583e.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="226" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Tournai lies on the site of the Roman Turnacum and is, after Tongeren, the oldest city in Belgium. This was the site of a ford on the Scheldt River, where the connection between Boulogne-sur-Mer and Cologne, which had been expanded into a fortified Roman road, crossed the Scheldt. The Roman camp was plundered by the Franks and Chauci, but survived until 406, when the Vandals attacked and destroyed it.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The city became a Merovingian seat of power in the mid-5th century, from which King Childeric I also operated. In 486, Clovis moved the center of power to Paris. In 862, Charles the Bald, first king of Western Francia and still to become Holy Roman Emperor, would make Tournai the seat of the County of Flanders.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 The city participated in 11th-century rise of towns in the Low Countries, with a woollen cloth industry, which made it attractive to merchants. The commune's drive for independence from the local counts succeeded in 1187, and the city was henceforth directly subordinated to the French Crown. During the 15th century, the city became an important supplier of tapestry. It was captured in 1513 by Henry VIII of England and was handed back to French rule in 1519.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Tournai Cathedral  of Notre Dame is the seat of the Diocese of Tournai. It has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2000.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1146, by order of Pope Eugene III, the Diocese of Tournai was established by splitting off from the Diocese of Noyon. The present cathedral was already under construction at that time. The transept was not vaulted until the beginning of the 13th century, followed by the construction of the crossing tower and the four flanking towers. The crossing has a Romanesque triforium above the transepts, but is already covered with a Gothic ribbed vault. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Under Bishop Walter de Marvis, the Romanesque choir was replaced in 1243 by the present, larger, High Gothic choir, which was consecrated in 1255. At the beginning of the 14th century, the west façade, which had no towers except for two delicate round turrets, received its Gothic vestibule, and by 1325, two more side chapels had been built in the Gothic style.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thirteen works of art were stolen during an armed robbery at the cathedral in February 2008. The total value of the loot is estimated at 40 million euros. Nevertheless, there is still much to discover in the treasury.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Adoration of the Magi &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Alabaster, French or Italian studio, &lt;br /&gt;
16th century&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Tournai - Cathédrale Notre-Dame</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53078162/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/81/62/53078162.ab08583e.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="226" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Tournai lies on the site of the Roman Turnacum and is, after Tongeren, the oldest city in Belgium. This was the site of a ford on the Scheldt River, where the connection between Boulogne-sur-Mer and Cologne, which had been expanded into a fortified Roman road, crossed the Scheldt. The Roman camp was plundered by the Franks and Chauci, but survived until 406, when the Vandals attacked and destroyed it.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The city became a Merovingian seat of power in the mid-5th century, from which King Childeric I also operated. In 486, Clovis moved the center of power to Paris. In 862, Charles the Bald, first king of Western Francia and still to become Holy Roman Emperor, would make Tournai the seat of the County of Flanders.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 The city participated in 11th-century rise of towns in the Low Countries, with a woollen cloth industry, which made it attractive to merchants. The commune's drive for independence from the local counts succeeded in 1187, and the city was henceforth directly subordinated to the French Crown. During the 15th century, the city became an important supplier of tapestry. It was captured in 1513 by Henry VIII of England and was handed back to French rule in 1519.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Tournai Cathedral  of Notre Dame is the seat of the Diocese of Tournai. It has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2000.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1146, by order of Pope Eugene III, the Diocese of Tournai was established by splitting off from the Diocese of Noyon. The present cathedral was already under construction at that time. The transept was not vaulted until the beginning of the 13th century, followed by the construction of the crossing tower and the four flanking towers. The crossing has a Romanesque triforium above the transepts, but is already covered with a Gothic ribbed vault. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Under Bishop Walter de Marvis, the Romanesque choir was replaced in 1243 by the present, larger, High Gothic choir, which was consecrated in 1255. At the beginning of the 14th century, the west façade, which had no towers except for two delicate round turrets, received its Gothic vestibule, and by 1325, two more side chapels had been built in the Gothic style.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thirteen works of art were stolen during an armed robbery at the cathedral in February 2008. The total value of the loot is estimated at 40 million euros. Nevertheless, there is still much to discover in the treasury.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Adoration of the Magi &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Alabaster, French or Italian studio, &lt;br /&gt;
16th century&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/81/62/53078162.ab08583e.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="528" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/81/62/53078162.ab08583e.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="226"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/81/62/53078162.ab08583e.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="95"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Lille - Palais des Beaux-Arts</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53074644/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2025-09-12,doc-53074644</guid>
    <pubDate>Fri, 12 Sep 2025 15:00:38 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-06-01T17:24:09+02:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53074644/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/46/44/53074644.e9f1d31d.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="170" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The museum opened in 1809 in connection with the French Revolution, following the confiscation of works of art from noblemen and church property. A central warehouse for the Lille area was established in a former monastery building. The space was soon too small. When, after a move the space in the new town hall became insufficient, it was decided to build a new building in 1882. This building opened in 1892, but was closed in 1895 due to structural defects and reopened in 1998 with a renewed heating and ventilation system. During the First World War, the museum suffered significant damage. After the capture of Lille by German troops, certain works of art were stolen. In 1917 and 1918, parts of the collection were transported to Brussels. The museum was not reopened to the public until 1924, after extensive renovations. In 1991, the museum had to be closed due to urgent renovation work.  In 1997, the museum reopened to the public. It now has 22,000 m² of space, of which 12,000 m² are available for exhibitions. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Master of 1518  /  (Jan van Dornicke?)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Triptych&lt;br /&gt;
Adoration of the Magi&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anvers / Antwerp&lt;br /&gt;
1520&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Lille - Palais des Beaux-Arts</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53074644/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/46/44/53074644.e9f1d31d.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="170" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The museum opened in 1809 in connection with the French Revolution, following the confiscation of works of art from noblemen and church property. A central warehouse for the Lille area was established in a former monastery building. The space was soon too small. When, after a move the space in the new town hall became insufficient, it was decided to build a new building in 1882. This building opened in 1892, but was closed in 1895 due to structural defects and reopened in 1998 with a renewed heating and ventilation system. During the First World War, the museum suffered significant damage. After the capture of Lille by German troops, certain works of art were stolen. In 1917 and 1918, parts of the collection were transported to Brussels. The museum was not reopened to the public until 1924, after extensive renovations. In 1991, the museum had to be closed due to urgent renovation work.  In 1997, the museum reopened to the public. It now has 22,000 m² of space, of which 12,000 m² are available for exhibitions. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Master of 1518  /  (Jan van Dornicke?)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Triptych&lt;br /&gt;
Adoration of the Magi&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anvers / Antwerp&lt;br /&gt;
1520&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/46/44/53074644.e9f1d31d.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="396" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/46/44/53074644.e9f1d31d.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="170"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/46/44/53074644.e9f1d31d.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="71"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Lille - Palais des Beaux-Arts</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53074570/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2025-09-12,doc-53074570</guid>
    <pubDate>Fri, 12 Sep 2025 12:55:56 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-06-01T17:23:28+02:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53074570/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/45/70/53074570.986e6a50.240.jpg?r2" width="199" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The museum opened in 1809 in connection with the French Revolution, following the confiscation of works of art from noblemen and church property. A central warehouse for the Lille area was established in a former monastery building. The space was soon too small. When, after a move the space in the new town hall became insufficient, it was decided to build a new building in 1882. This building opened in 1892, but was closed in 1895 due to structural defects and reopened in 1998 with a renewed heating and ventilation system. During the First World War, the museum suffered significant damage. After the capture of Lille by German troops, certain works of art were stolen. In 1917 and 1918, parts of the collection were transported to Brussels. The museum was not reopened to the public until 1924, after extensive renovations. In 1991, the museum had to be closed due to urgent renovation work.  In 1997, the museum reopened to the public. It now has 22,000 m² of space, of which 12,000 m² are available for exhibitions. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Adoration of the Magi&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Germany, Netherlands&lt;br /&gt;
16th century&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Lille - Palais des Beaux-Arts</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53074570/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/45/70/53074570.986e6a50.240.jpg?r2" width="199" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The museum opened in 1809 in connection with the French Revolution, following the confiscation of works of art from noblemen and church property. A central warehouse for the Lille area was established in a former monastery building. The space was soon too small. When, after a move the space in the new town hall became insufficient, it was decided to build a new building in 1882. This building opened in 1892, but was closed in 1895 due to structural defects and reopened in 1998 with a renewed heating and ventilation system. During the First World War, the museum suffered significant damage. After the capture of Lille by German troops, certain works of art were stolen. In 1917 and 1918, parts of the collection were transported to Brussels. The museum was not reopened to the public until 1924, after extensive renovations. In 1991, the museum had to be closed due to urgent renovation work.  In 1997, the museum reopened to the public. It now has 22,000 m² of space, of which 12,000 m² are available for exhibitions. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Adoration of the Magi&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Germany, Netherlands&lt;br /&gt;
16th century&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/45/70/53074570.986e6a50.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="463" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/45/70/53074570.986e6a50.240.jpg?r2" width="199" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/45/70/53074570.986e6a50.100.jpg?r2" width="83" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Lille - Palais des Beaux-Arts</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53073582/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2025-09-11,doc-53073582</guid>
    <pubDate>Thu, 11 Sep 2025 16:19:07 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-06-01T17:10:23+02:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53073582/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/35/82/53073582.8490ffc1.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="192" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The museum opened in 1809 in connection with the French Revolution, following the confiscation of works of art from noblemen and church property. A central warehouse for the Lille area was established in a former monastery building. The space was soon too small. When, after a move the space in the new town hall became insufficient, it was decided to build a new building in 1882. This building opened in 1892, but was closed in 1895 due to structural defects and reopened in 1998 with a renewed heating and ventilation system. During the First World War, the museum suffered significant damage. After the capture of Lille by German troops, certain works of art were stolen. In 1917 and 1918, parts of the collection were transported to Brussels. The museum was not reopened to the public until 1924, after extensive renovations. In 1991, the museum had to be closed due to urgent renovation work.  In 1997, the museum reopened to the public. It now has 22,000 m² of space, of which 12,000 m² are available for exhibitions. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Triptych &lt;br /&gt;
Paris, ivory ca 1300 &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Left side &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Top        - First Bath &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Center  - Nativity &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Bottom - Adorating Magi&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Lille - Palais des Beaux-Arts</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53073582/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/35/82/53073582.8490ffc1.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="192" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The museum opened in 1809 in connection with the French Revolution, following the confiscation of works of art from noblemen and church property. A central warehouse for the Lille area was established in a former monastery building. The space was soon too small. When, after a move the space in the new town hall became insufficient, it was decided to build a new building in 1882. This building opened in 1892, but was closed in 1895 due to structural defects and reopened in 1998 with a renewed heating and ventilation system. During the First World War, the museum suffered significant damage. After the capture of Lille by German troops, certain works of art were stolen. In 1917 and 1918, parts of the collection were transported to Brussels. The museum was not reopened to the public until 1924, after extensive renovations. In 1991, the museum had to be closed due to urgent renovation work.  In 1997, the museum reopened to the public. It now has 22,000 m² of space, of which 12,000 m² are available for exhibitions. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Triptych &lt;br /&gt;
Paris, ivory ca 1300 &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Left side &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Top        - First Bath &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Center  - Nativity &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Bottom - Adorating Magi&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/35/82/53073582.8490ffc1.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="448" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/35/82/53073582.8490ffc1.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="192"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/35/82/53073582.8490ffc1.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="80"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Lille - Palais des Beaux-Arts</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53071990/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2025-09-09,doc-53071990</guid>
    <pubDate>Tue, 09 Sep 2025 11:46:30 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-06-01T16:55:02+02:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53071990/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/19/90/53071990.b6bc6cda.240.jpg?r2" width="171" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The museum opened in 1809 in connection with the French Revolution, following the confiscation of works of art from noblemen and church property. A central warehouse for the Lille area was established in a former monastery building. The space was soon too small. When, after a move the space in the new town hall became insufficient, it was decided to build a new building in 1882. This building opened in 1892, but was closed in 1895 due to structural defects and reopened in 1998 with a renewed heating and ventilation system. During the First World War, the museum suffered significant damage. After the capture of Lille by German troops, certain works of art were stolen. In 1917 and 1918, parts of the collection were transported to Brussels. The museum was not reopened to the public until 1924, after extensive renovations. In 1991, the museum had to be closed due to urgent renovation work.  In 1997, the museum reopened to the public. It now has 22,000 m² of space, of which 12,000 m² are available for exhibitions. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Adoration of the Magi&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
England (Nottingham?) &lt;br /&gt;
15th c&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Lille - Palais des Beaux-Arts</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53071990/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/19/90/53071990.b6bc6cda.240.jpg?r2" width="171" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The museum opened in 1809 in connection with the French Revolution, following the confiscation of works of art from noblemen and church property. A central warehouse for the Lille area was established in a former monastery building. The space was soon too small. When, after a move the space in the new town hall became insufficient, it was decided to build a new building in 1882. This building opened in 1892, but was closed in 1895 due to structural defects and reopened in 1998 with a renewed heating and ventilation system. During the First World War, the museum suffered significant damage. After the capture of Lille by German troops, certain works of art were stolen. In 1917 and 1918, parts of the collection were transported to Brussels. The museum was not reopened to the public until 1924, after extensive renovations. In 1991, the museum had to be closed due to urgent renovation work.  In 1997, the museum reopened to the public. It now has 22,000 m² of space, of which 12,000 m² are available for exhibitions. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Adoration of the Magi&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
England (Nottingham?) &lt;br /&gt;
15th c&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/19/90/53071990.b6bc6cda.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="399" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/19/90/53071990.b6bc6cda.240.jpg?r2" width="171" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/19/90/53071990.b6bc6cda.100.jpg?r2" width="72" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Berlin - Bode-Museum</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/52973510/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2025-06-22,doc-52973510</guid>
    <pubDate>Sun, 22 Jun 2025 12:01:03 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-03-01T13:32:27+02:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/52973510/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/35/10/52973510.b6a9afe2.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="208" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Bode Museum (formerly called "Kaiser-Friedrich-Museum), is a building on the Museum Island. It was built from 1898 to 1904 by order of German Emperor William II according to plans by Ernst von Ihne in Baroque Revival style.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
During WWII the building suffered comparatively the least damage on Museum Island, but it was not until 1951 that it received a temporary roof. After the end of the war, the new Berlin city administration had all references to former rulers removed and in 1956, Johannes R. Becher, then Minister of Culture of the GDR, ceremoniously renamed the Kaiser Friedrich Museum the Bode Museum.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As part of the Museum Island complex, the Bode-Museum was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1999.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Comb &lt;br /&gt;
with the adoration of the Magi &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Northern Italy, c 1400&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Berlin - Bode-Museum</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/52973510/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/35/10/52973510.b6a9afe2.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="208" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Bode Museum (formerly called "Kaiser-Friedrich-Museum), is a building on the Museum Island. It was built from 1898 to 1904 by order of German Emperor William II according to plans by Ernst von Ihne in Baroque Revival style.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
During WWII the building suffered comparatively the least damage on Museum Island, but it was not until 1951 that it received a temporary roof. After the end of the war, the new Berlin city administration had all references to former rulers removed and in 1956, Johannes R. Becher, then Minister of Culture of the GDR, ceremoniously renamed the Kaiser Friedrich Museum the Bode Museum.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As part of the Museum Island complex, the Bode-Museum was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1999.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Comb &lt;br /&gt;
with the adoration of the Magi &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Northern Italy, c 1400&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/35/10/52973510.b6a9afe2.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="484" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/35/10/52973510.b6a9afe2.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="208"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/35/10/52973510.b6a9afe2.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="87"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Berlin - Bode-Museum</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/52972812/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2025-06-21,doc-52972812</guid>
    <pubDate>Sat, 21 Jun 2025 21:28:03 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-03-01T13:28:52+02:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/52972812/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/28/12/52972812.86249fc1.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="187" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Bode Museum (formerly called "Kaiser-Friedrich-Museum), is a building on the Museum Island. It was built from 1898 to 1904 by order of German Emperor William II according to plans by Ernst von Ihne in Baroque Revival style.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
During WWII the building suffered comparatively the least damage on Museum Island, but it was not until 1951 that it received a temporary roof. After the end of the war, the new Berlin city administration had all references to former rulers removed and in 1956, Johannes R. Becher, then Minister of Culture of the GDR, ceremoniously renamed the Kaiser Friedrich Museum the Bode Museum.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As part of the Museum Island complex, the Bode-Museum was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1999.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Winged altarpiece with the Adoration of the Magi&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Bavaria, 1519&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Berlin - Bode-Museum</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/52972812/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/28/12/52972812.86249fc1.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="187" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Bode Museum (formerly called "Kaiser-Friedrich-Museum), is a building on the Museum Island. It was built from 1898 to 1904 by order of German Emperor William II according to plans by Ernst von Ihne in Baroque Revival style.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
During WWII the building suffered comparatively the least damage on Museum Island, but it was not until 1951 that it received a temporary roof. After the end of the war, the new Berlin city administration had all references to former rulers removed and in 1956, Johannes R. Becher, then Minister of Culture of the GDR, ceremoniously renamed the Kaiser Friedrich Museum the Bode Museum.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As part of the Museum Island complex, the Bode-Museum was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1999.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Winged altarpiece with the Adoration of the Magi&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Bavaria, 1519&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/28/12/52972812.86249fc1.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="436" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/28/12/52972812.86249fc1.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="187"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/28/12/52972812.86249fc1.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="78"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Gonia Monastery</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/52864752/in/album/1291402</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2025-04-10,doc-52864752</guid>
    <pubDate>Thu, 10 Apr 2025 20:45:18 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2024-12-01T13:47:09+02:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/52864752/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/47/52/52864752.6c41bdd5.240.jpg?r2" width="153" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Gonia Monastery (Monastery of Panagia Hodegetria) is located on the southeast coast of the Rodopos peninsula. It was founded in the 9th century and was originally situated at Menies, on the ruins of the ancient temple of Artemis. The monastery was built in the 13th century and rebuilt between 1618 and 1634 in its present location, with Venetian influences in its architectural design and adornments.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
According to monks the present location at Kolymvari was considered safer from attack. Despite this, the monastery was heavily damaged by Ottoman bombardment on many occasions throughout its history,  finally in 1867, during the Cretan Revolt (1866–1869). During WWII the monastery was partly destroyed by German bombing and it became one of the most important areas of Cretan resistance to Nazi Germany.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The monastery´s museum Cretan icons.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Last Supper&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Nativity (shepherds left, Magi right)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Ecce Home&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
"By the hand of Demetrios Ssouros - 1779"&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Gonia Monastery</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/52864752/in/album/1291402"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/47/52/52864752.6c41bdd5.240.jpg?r2" width="153" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Gonia Monastery (Monastery of Panagia Hodegetria) is located on the southeast coast of the Rodopos peninsula. It was founded in the 9th century and was originally situated at Menies, on the ruins of the ancient temple of Artemis. The monastery was built in the 13th century and rebuilt between 1618 and 1634 in its present location, with Venetian influences in its architectural design and adornments.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
According to monks the present location at Kolymvari was considered safer from attack. Despite this, the monastery was heavily damaged by Ottoman bombardment on many occasions throughout its history,  finally in 1867, during the Cretan Revolt (1866–1869). During WWII the monastery was partly destroyed by German bombing and it became one of the most important areas of Cretan resistance to Nazi Germany.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The monastery´s museum Cretan icons.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Last Supper&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Nativity (shepherds left, Magi right)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Ecce Home&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
"By the hand of Demetrios Ssouros - 1779"&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/47/52/52864752.6c41bdd5.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="357" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/47/52/52864752.6c41bdd5.240.jpg?r2" width="153" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/47/52/52864752.6c41bdd5.100.jpg?r2" width="64" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
</channel>
</rss>