<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:media="http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Album Dormition of the Virgin from Martin M. Miles</title>
  <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/album/1384886</link>
  <image>
    <url>https://cdn.ipernity.com/p/105/57/EF/323415.buddy.jpg</url>
    <title>Album Dormition of the Virgin from Martin M. Miles</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/album/1384886</link>
  </image>
  <description></description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 25 Aug 2026 02:06:51 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Tue, 25 Aug 2026 02:06:51 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <generator>https://www.ipernity.com</generator>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53203130/in/album/1384886</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-10,doc-53203130</guid>
    <pubDate>Sat, 10 Jan 2026 18:48:06 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T12:05:25+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53203130/in/album/1384886"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/31/30/53203130.4c44a690.240.jpg?r2" width="194" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Diptych &lt;br /&gt;
Ivory, Northern France, 1300 - 1325&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1. register - Adoration of the Magi &lt;br /&gt;
2. register - Dormition of the Virgin&lt;br /&gt;
3. register - Coronation of the Virgin / Last Judgement&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53203130/in/album/1384886"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/31/30/53203130.4c44a690.240.jpg?r2" width="194" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Diptych &lt;br /&gt;
Ivory, Northern France, 1300 - 1325&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1. register - Adoration of the Magi &lt;br /&gt;
2. register - Dormition of the Virgin&lt;br /&gt;
3. register - Coronation of the Virgin / Last Judgement&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/31/30/53203130.4c44a690.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="452" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/31/30/53203130.4c44a690.240.jpg?r2" width="194" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/31/30/53203130.4c44a690.100.jpg?r2" width="81" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53203042/in/album/1384886</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-10,doc-53203042</guid>
    <pubDate>Sat, 10 Jan 2026 17:26:26 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-15T12:04:37+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53203042/in/album/1384886"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/30/42/53203042.b174ca2f.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="178" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Diptych &lt;br /&gt;
Ivory, Paris, 1300 - 1325&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
left -  the Dormition of the Virgin &lt;br /&gt;
right -the Coronation of the Virgin&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53203042/in/album/1384886"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/30/42/53203042.b174ca2f.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="178" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Diptych &lt;br /&gt;
Ivory, Paris, 1300 - 1325&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
left -  the Dormition of the Virgin &lt;br /&gt;
right -the Coronation of the Virgin&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/30/42/53203042.b174ca2f.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="414" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/30/42/53203042.b174ca2f.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="178"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/30/42/53203042.b174ca2f.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="74"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53202296/in/album/1384886</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-09,doc-53202296</guid>
    <pubDate>Fri, 09 Jan 2026 15:30:56 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T11:36:46+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53202296/in/album/1384886"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/22/96/53202296.4df4e170.240.jpg?r2" width="228" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
Dormition of the Virgin&lt;br /&gt;
Ivory, Constantinopel, about 1000&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The piece was probably part on a triptych, before it was reused as a bookbinding plate.&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53202296/in/album/1384886"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/22/96/53202296.4df4e170.240.jpg?r2" width="228" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
Dormition of the Virgin&lt;br /&gt;
Ivory, Constantinopel, about 1000&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The piece was probably part on a triptych, before it was reused as a bookbinding plate.&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/22/96/53202296.4df4e170.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="531" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/22/96/53202296.4df4e170.240.jpg?r2" width="228" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/22/96/53202296.4df4e170.100.jpg?r2" width="95" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
</channel>
</rss>