<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:media="http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Album Île-de-France from Martin M. Miles</title>
  <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/album/762594</link>
  <image>
    <url>https://cdn.ipernity.com/p/105/57/EF/323415.buddy.jpg</url>
    <title>Album Île-de-France from Martin M. Miles</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/album/762594</link>
  </image>
  <description></description>
  <pubDate>Fri, 21 Aug 2026 12:37:39 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Fri, 21 Aug 2026 12:37:39 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <generator>https://www.ipernity.com</generator>
  <item>
    <title>Paris -   Cimetière du Père-Lachaise</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53215158/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-17,doc-53215158</guid>
    <pubDate>Sat, 17 Jan 2026 21:09:36 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T22:09:36+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53215158/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/51/58/53215158.72ffaf54.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="152" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cimetière du Père-Lachaise is the largest cemetery in Paris,, at 44 hectares. Approximately one million deceased people have been buried in more than 69,000 burial sites so far.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
At the beginning of the 19th century, new cemeteries had to replace the old ones in Paris. To end the Church's monopoly on burials, an edict was issued in 1803 stipulating that burial sites could no longer be established within the city limits, but should instead be placed under the supervision of the political municipality and located outside the city.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cemetery of Père Lachaise opened in 1804 and takes its name from the confessor to Louis XIV, Père François de la Chaise (1624–1709), who lived in the Jesuit house rebuilt during 1682 on the site of the chapel. The property, situated on the hillside was bought by the city in 1804.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Mur des Fédérés&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The "Communards’ Wall" is where 147 Commune soldiers along with another 19 officers were executed on May 28, 1871, during the "Semaine sanglante", the suppression of the Paris Commune. The soldiers were buried in a common grave at the foot of the wall.&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris -   Cimetière du Père-Lachaise</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53215158/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/51/58/53215158.72ffaf54.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="152" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cimetière du Père-Lachaise is the largest cemetery in Paris,, at 44 hectares. Approximately one million deceased people have been buried in more than 69,000 burial sites so far.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
At the beginning of the 19th century, new cemeteries had to replace the old ones in Paris. To end the Church's monopoly on burials, an edict was issued in 1803 stipulating that burial sites could no longer be established within the city limits, but should instead be placed under the supervision of the political municipality and located outside the city.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cemetery of Père Lachaise opened in 1804 and takes its name from the confessor to Louis XIV, Père François de la Chaise (1624–1709), who lived in the Jesuit house rebuilt during 1682 on the site of the chapel. The property, situated on the hillside was bought by the city in 1804.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Mur des Fédérés&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The "Communards’ Wall" is where 147 Commune soldiers along with another 19 officers were executed on May 28, 1871, during the "Semaine sanglante", the suppression of the Paris Commune. The soldiers were buried in a common grave at the foot of the wall.&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/51/58/53215158.72ffaf54.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="354" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/51/58/53215158.72ffaf54.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="152"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/51/58/53215158.72ffaf54.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="64"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris -   Cimetière du Père-Lachaise</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53215132/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-17,doc-53215132</guid>
    <pubDate>Sat, 17 Jan 2026 21:05:00 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T22:05:00+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53215132/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/51/32/53215132.56c60ae3.240.jpg?r2" width="172" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cimetière du Père-Lachaise is the largest cemetery in Paris,, at 44 hectares. Approximately one million deceased people have been buried in more than 69,000 burial sites so far.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
At the beginning of the 19th century, new cemeteries had to replace the old ones in Paris. To end the Church's monopoly on burials, an edict was issued in 1803 stipulating that burial sites could no longer be established within the city limits, but should instead be placed under the supervision of the political municipality and located outside the city.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cemetery of Père Lachaise opened in 1804 and takes its name from the confessor to Louis XIV, Père François de la Chaise (1624–1709), who lived in the Jesuit house rebuilt during 1682 on the site of the chapel. The property, situated on the hillside was bought by the city in 1804.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Memorial to the French victims of Dachau Concentration Camp&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris -   Cimetière du Père-Lachaise</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53215132/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/51/32/53215132.56c60ae3.240.jpg?r2" width="172" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cimetière du Père-Lachaise is the largest cemetery in Paris,, at 44 hectares. Approximately one million deceased people have been buried in more than 69,000 burial sites so far.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
At the beginning of the 19th century, new cemeteries had to replace the old ones in Paris. To end the Church's monopoly on burials, an edict was issued in 1803 stipulating that burial sites could no longer be established within the city limits, but should instead be placed under the supervision of the political municipality and located outside the city.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cemetery of Père Lachaise opened in 1804 and takes its name from the confessor to Louis XIV, Père François de la Chaise (1624–1709), who lived in the Jesuit house rebuilt during 1682 on the site of the chapel. The property, situated on the hillside was bought by the city in 1804.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Memorial to the French victims of Dachau Concentration Camp&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/51/32/53215132.56c60ae3.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="401" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/51/32/53215132.56c60ae3.240.jpg?r2" width="172" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/51/32/53215132.56c60ae3.100.jpg?r2" width="72" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris -   Cimetière du Père-Lachaise</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53214444/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-17,doc-53214444</guid>
    <pubDate>Sat, 17 Jan 2026 19:19:56 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T12:32:19+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53214444/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/44/53214444.864501b6.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="174" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cimetière du Père-Lachaise is the largest cemetery in Paris,, at 44 hectares. Approximately one million deceased people have been buried in more than 69,000 burial sites so far.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
At the beginning of the 19th century, new cemeteries had to replace the old ones in Paris. To end the Church's monopoly on burials, an edict was issued in 1803 stipulating that burial sites could no longer be established within the city limits, but should instead be placed under the supervision of the political municipality and located outside the city.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cemetery of Père Lachaise opened in 1804 and takes its name from the confessor to Louis XIV, Père François de la Chaise (1624–1709), who lived in the Jesuit house rebuilt during 1682 on the site of the chapel. The property, situated on the hillside was bought by the city in 1804.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Auschwitz III Concentration Camp Memorial&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 n'oublions jamais&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris -   Cimetière du Père-Lachaise</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53214444/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/44/53214444.864501b6.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="174" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cimetière du Père-Lachaise is the largest cemetery in Paris,, at 44 hectares. Approximately one million deceased people have been buried in more than 69,000 burial sites so far.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
At the beginning of the 19th century, new cemeteries had to replace the old ones in Paris. To end the Church's monopoly on burials, an edict was issued in 1803 stipulating that burial sites could no longer be established within the city limits, but should instead be placed under the supervision of the political municipality and located outside the city.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cemetery of Père Lachaise opened in 1804 and takes its name from the confessor to Louis XIV, Père François de la Chaise (1624–1709), who lived in the Jesuit house rebuilt during 1682 on the site of the chapel. The property, situated on the hillside was bought by the city in 1804.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Auschwitz III Concentration Camp Memorial&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 n'oublions jamais&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/44/53214444.864501b6.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="404" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/44/53214444.864501b6.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="174"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/44/53214444.864501b6.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="73"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris -   Cimetière du Père-Lachaise</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53214442/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-17,doc-53214442</guid>
    <pubDate>Sat, 17 Jan 2026 19:01:42 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T11:43:09+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53214442/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/42/53214442.84bced97.240.jpg?r2" width="174" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cimetière du Père-Lachaise is the largest cemetery in Paris,, at 44 hectares. Approximately one million deceased people have been buried in more than 69,000 burial sites so far.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
At the beginning of the 19th century, new cemeteries had to replace the old ones in Paris. To end the Church's monopoly on burials, an edict was issued in 1803 stipulating that burial sites could no longer be established within the city limits, but should instead be placed under the supervision of the political municipality and located outside the city.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cemetery of Père Lachaise opened in 1804 and takes its name from the confessor to Louis XIV, Père François de la Chaise (1624–1709), who lived in the Jesuit house rebuilt during 1682 on the site of the chapel. The property, situated on the hillside was bought by the city in 1804.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Yvan Goll  -  Claire Goll&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris -   Cimetière du Père-Lachaise</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53214442/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/42/53214442.84bced97.240.jpg?r2" width="174" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cimetière du Père-Lachaise is the largest cemetery in Paris,, at 44 hectares. Approximately one million deceased people have been buried in more than 69,000 burial sites so far.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
At the beginning of the 19th century, new cemeteries had to replace the old ones in Paris. To end the Church's monopoly on burials, an edict was issued in 1803 stipulating that burial sites could no longer be established within the city limits, but should instead be placed under the supervision of the political municipality and located outside the city.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cemetery of Père Lachaise opened in 1804 and takes its name from the confessor to Louis XIV, Père François de la Chaise (1624–1709), who lived in the Jesuit house rebuilt during 1682 on the site of the chapel. The property, situated on the hillside was bought by the city in 1804.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Yvan Goll  -  Claire Goll&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/42/53214442.84bced97.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="405" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/42/53214442.84bced97.240.jpg?r2" width="174" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/42/53214442.84bced97.100.jpg?r2" width="73" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris -   Cimetière du Père-Lachaise</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53214428/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-17,doc-53214428</guid>
    <pubDate>Sat, 17 Jan 2026 18:26:35 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T11:42:55+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53214428/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/28/53214428.692a5d4c.240.jpg?r2" width="177" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cimetière du Père-Lachaise is the largest cemetery in Paris,, at 44 hectares. Approximately one million deceased people have been buried in more than 69,000 burial sites so far.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
At the beginning of the 19th century, new cemeteries had to replace the old ones in Paris. To end the Church's monopoly on burials, an edict was issued in 1803 stipulating that burial sites could no longer be established within the city limits, but should instead be placed under the supervision of the political municipality and located outside the city.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cemetery of Père Lachaise opened in 1804 and takes its name from the confessor to Louis XIV, Père François de la Chaise (1624–1709), who lived in the Jesuit house rebuilt during 1682 on the site of the chapel. The property, situated on the hillside was bought by the city in 1804.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Frédéric Chopin&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris -   Cimetière du Père-Lachaise</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53214428/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/28/53214428.692a5d4c.240.jpg?r2" width="177" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cimetière du Père-Lachaise is the largest cemetery in Paris,, at 44 hectares. Approximately one million deceased people have been buried in more than 69,000 burial sites so far.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
At the beginning of the 19th century, new cemeteries had to replace the old ones in Paris. To end the Church's monopoly on burials, an edict was issued in 1803 stipulating that burial sites could no longer be established within the city limits, but should instead be placed under the supervision of the political municipality and located outside the city.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cemetery of Père Lachaise opened in 1804 and takes its name from the confessor to Louis XIV, Père François de la Chaise (1624–1709), who lived in the Jesuit house rebuilt during 1682 on the site of the chapel. The property, situated on the hillside was bought by the city in 1804.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Frédéric Chopin&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/28/53214428.692a5d4c.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="412" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/28/53214428.692a5d4c.240.jpg?r2" width="177" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/28/53214428.692a5d4c.100.jpg?r2" width="74" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris -   Cimetière du Père-Lachaise</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53214402/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-17,doc-53214402</guid>
    <pubDate>Sat, 17 Jan 2026 17:42:42 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T12:21:19+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53214402/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/02/53214402.3bfd3752.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="182" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cimetière du Père-Lachaise is the largest cemetery in Paris,, at 44 hectares. Approximately one million deceased people have been buried in more than 69,000 burial sites so far.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
At the beginning of the 19th century, new cemeteries had to replace the old ones in Paris. To end the Church's monopoly on burials, an edict was issued in 1803 stipulating that burial sites could no longer be established within the city limits, but should instead be placed under the supervision of the political municipality and located outside the city.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cemetery of Père Lachaise opened in 1804 and takes its name from the confessor to Louis XIV, Père François de la Chaise (1624–1709), who lived in the Jesuit house rebuilt during 1682 on the site of the chapel. The property, situated on the hillside was bought by the city in 1804.&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris -   Cimetière du Père-Lachaise</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53214402/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/02/53214402.3bfd3752.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="182" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cimetière du Père-Lachaise is the largest cemetery in Paris,, at 44 hectares. Approximately one million deceased people have been buried in more than 69,000 burial sites so far.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
At the beginning of the 19th century, new cemeteries had to replace the old ones in Paris. To end the Church's monopoly on burials, an edict was issued in 1803 stipulating that burial sites could no longer be established within the city limits, but should instead be placed under the supervision of the political municipality and located outside the city.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cemetery of Père Lachaise opened in 1804 and takes its name from the confessor to Louis XIV, Père François de la Chaise (1624–1709), who lived in the Jesuit house rebuilt during 1682 on the site of the chapel. The property, situated on the hillside was bought by the city in 1804.&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/02/53214402.3bfd3752.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="424" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/02/53214402.3bfd3752.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="182"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/44/02/53214402.3bfd3752.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="76"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris -   Cimetière du Père-Lachaise</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53214394/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-17,doc-53214394</guid>
    <pubDate>Sat, 17 Jan 2026 17:17:51 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T13:34:20+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53214394/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/43/94/53214394.4fb839de.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="186" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cimetière du Père-Lachaise is the largest cemetery in Paris,, at 44 hectares. Approximately one million deceased people have been buried in more than 69,000 burial sites so far.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
At the beginning of the 19th century, new cemeteries had to replace the old ones in Paris. To end the Church's monopoly on burials, an edict was issued in 1803 stipulating that burial sites could no longer be established within the city limits, but should instead be placed under the supervision of the political municipality and located outside the city.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cemetery of Père Lachaise opened in 1804 and takes its name from the confessor to Louis XIV, Père François de la Chaise (1624–1709), who lived in the Jesuit house rebuilt during 1682 on the site of the chapel. The property, situated on the hillside was bought by the city in 1804.&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris -   Cimetière du Père-Lachaise</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53214394/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/43/94/53214394.4fb839de.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="186" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cimetière du Père-Lachaise is the largest cemetery in Paris,, at 44 hectares. Approximately one million deceased people have been buried in more than 69,000 burial sites so far.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
At the beginning of the 19th century, new cemeteries had to replace the old ones in Paris. To end the Church's monopoly on burials, an edict was issued in 1803 stipulating that burial sites could no longer be established within the city limits, but should instead be placed under the supervision of the political municipality and located outside the city.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cemetery of Père Lachaise opened in 1804 and takes its name from the confessor to Louis XIV, Père François de la Chaise (1624–1709), who lived in the Jesuit house rebuilt during 1682 on the site of the chapel. The property, situated on the hillside was bought by the city in 1804.&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/43/94/53214394.4fb839de.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="432" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/43/94/53214394.4fb839de.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="186"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/43/94/53214394.4fb839de.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="78"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Fontaine des Innocents</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208748/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-14,doc-53208748</guid>
    <pubDate>Wed, 14 Jan 2026 21:45:03 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T16:21:15+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208748/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/87/48/53208748.c4d070de.240.jpg?r2" width="179" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Fontaine des Innocents is a fountain, originally called the Fountain of the Nymphs. It was constructed between 1547 and 1550  and was commissioned as part of the decoration of the city to commemorate the solemn royal entry of King Henry II into Paris in 1549. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The fountain was placed on the site of an earlier fountain, against the wall of the Saints Innocents Cemetery. It became a water fountain for the neighborhood, with taps, ornamented with lion heads, permanently trickling water.[&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1787, for sanitary reasons, the cemeteries of Paris were moved outside the city walls, and the former cemetery of the Church of the Saints-Innocents, against whose wall the fountain stood, was transformed into a market square, le Marché des Innocents. The fountain was then moved to the middle of a basin in the market, raised on a stone pedestal.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1858  the fountain was again moved, to its present location on a modest pedestal in the middle of the square.&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Fontaine des Innocents</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208748/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/87/48/53208748.c4d070de.240.jpg?r2" width="179" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Fontaine des Innocents is a fountain, originally called the Fountain of the Nymphs. It was constructed between 1547 and 1550  and was commissioned as part of the decoration of the city to commemorate the solemn royal entry of King Henry II into Paris in 1549. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The fountain was placed on the site of an earlier fountain, against the wall of the Saints Innocents Cemetery. It became a water fountain for the neighborhood, with taps, ornamented with lion heads, permanently trickling water.[&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1787, for sanitary reasons, the cemeteries of Paris were moved outside the city walls, and the former cemetery of the Church of the Saints-Innocents, against whose wall the fountain stood, was transformed into a market square, le Marché des Innocents. The fountain was then moved to the middle of a basin in the market, raised on a stone pedestal.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1858  the fountain was again moved, to its present location on a modest pedestal in the middle of the square.&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/87/48/53208748.c4d070de.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="417" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/87/48/53208748.c4d070de.240.jpg?r2" width="179" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/87/48/53208748.c4d070de.100.jpg?r2" width="75" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Centre Georges-Pompidou</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208708/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-14,doc-53208708</guid>
    <pubDate>Wed, 14 Jan 2026 21:05:23 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T16:07:46+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208708/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/87/08/53208708.66c21765.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="191" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
The Centre Georges-Pompidou was designed by architects Renzo Piano, Richard Rogers and Gianfranco Franchini on the initiative of former French President Georges Pompidou and opened on January 31, 1977, after a five-year construction period.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It houses the Musée National d’Art Moderne with important works of art of the 20th century, to which a centre for industrial design is attached, the Bibliothèque Publique d’Information with about  2000 reading places, a children’s workshop, cinema, theatre and lecture halls, a bookshop as well as a restaurant and a café.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I first saw the museum in 1978 when the "Paris-Berlin" exhibition opened, and I was completely taken aback. I remember standing in front of the building with the feeling that a UFO had landed. It all seemed so unreal. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Unfortunately, the Centre Pompidou is closed for renovations until 2030.&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Centre Georges-Pompidou</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208708/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/87/08/53208708.66c21765.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="191" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
The Centre Georges-Pompidou was designed by architects Renzo Piano, Richard Rogers and Gianfranco Franchini on the initiative of former French President Georges Pompidou and opened on January 31, 1977, after a five-year construction period.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It houses the Musée National d’Art Moderne with important works of art of the 20th century, to which a centre for industrial design is attached, the Bibliothèque Publique d’Information with about  2000 reading places, a children’s workshop, cinema, theatre and lecture halls, a bookshop as well as a restaurant and a café.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I first saw the museum in 1978 when the "Paris-Berlin" exhibition opened, and I was completely taken aback. I remember standing in front of the building with the feeling that a UFO had landed. It all seemed so unreal. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Unfortunately, the Centre Pompidou is closed for renovations until 2030.&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/87/08/53208708.66c21765.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="444" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/87/08/53208708.66c21765.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="191"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/87/08/53208708.66c21765.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="80"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Centre Georges-Pompidou</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208698/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-14,doc-53208698</guid>
    <pubDate>Wed, 14 Jan 2026 20:48:44 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T16:10:17+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208698/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/86/98/53208698.6a7a2057.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="149" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
The Centre Georges-Pompidou was designed by architects Renzo Piano, Richard Rogers and Gianfranco Franchini on the initiative of former French President Georges Pompidou and opened on January 31, 1977, after a five-year construction period.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It houses the Musée National d’Art Moderne with important works of art of the 20th century, to which a centre for industrial design is attached, the Bibliothèque Publique d’Information with about  2000 reading places, a children’s workshop, cinema, theatre and lecture halls, a bookshop as well as a restaurant and a café.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I first saw the museum in 1978 when the "Paris-Berlin" exhibition opened, and I was completely taken aback. I remember standing in front of the building with the feeling that a UFO had landed. It all seemed so unreal. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Unfortunately, the Centre Pompidou is closed for renovations until 2030.&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Centre Georges-Pompidou</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208698/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/86/98/53208698.6a7a2057.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="149" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
The Centre Georges-Pompidou was designed by architects Renzo Piano, Richard Rogers and Gianfranco Franchini on the initiative of former French President Georges Pompidou and opened on January 31, 1977, after a five-year construction period.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It houses the Musée National d’Art Moderne with important works of art of the 20th century, to which a centre for industrial design is attached, the Bibliothèque Publique d’Information with about  2000 reading places, a children’s workshop, cinema, theatre and lecture halls, a bookshop as well as a restaurant and a café.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I first saw the museum in 1978 when the "Paris-Berlin" exhibition opened, and I was completely taken aback. I remember standing in front of the building with the feeling that a UFO had landed. It all seemed so unreal. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Unfortunately, the Centre Pompidou is closed for renovations until 2030.&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/86/98/53208698.6a7a2057.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="347" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/86/98/53208698.6a7a2057.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="149"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/86/98/53208698.6a7a2057.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="62"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  St-Paul-St-Louis</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208656/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-14,doc-53208656</guid>
    <pubDate>Wed, 14 Jan 2026 20:12:39 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T15:45:17+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208656/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/86/56/53208656.f8f4cc94.240.jpg?r2" width="214" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
In 1619, King Louis XIII granted the Jesuits the land on which the present church stands. Commissioned by the order, the church was built between 1627 and 1641 as the monastery church under the direction of the Jesuit architects Étienne Martellange and François Derand. Its design was strongly modeled on the Jesuits' mother church, Il Gesù, in Rome.So iIt was the first church in Paris to break away entirely from the Gothic style and to use the new Baroque style.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1762, after a dispute with the King, the Jesuits were expelled from France. The church was transferred to another religious order, but the church continued to have a close relationship with the royal family; the urns containing the hearts of Louis XIII and Louis XIV were kept in the church. The urns were hidden during the French Revolution, and afterwards were transferred to the Abbey of Saint Denis.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
During the French Revolution, 5 priests were killed in the church during the September Massacres. The church was closed and turned into a storehouse and a temple of the Cult of Reason and the Supreme Being, before being restored to Catholicism in 1802.&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  St-Paul-St-Louis</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208656/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/86/56/53208656.f8f4cc94.240.jpg?r2" width="214" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
In 1619, King Louis XIII granted the Jesuits the land on which the present church stands. Commissioned by the order, the church was built between 1627 and 1641 as the monastery church under the direction of the Jesuit architects Étienne Martellange and François Derand. Its design was strongly modeled on the Jesuits' mother church, Il Gesù, in Rome.So iIt was the first church in Paris to break away entirely from the Gothic style and to use the new Baroque style.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1762, after a dispute with the King, the Jesuits were expelled from France. The church was transferred to another religious order, but the church continued to have a close relationship with the royal family; the urns containing the hearts of Louis XIII and Louis XIV were kept in the church. The urns were hidden during the French Revolution, and afterwards were transferred to the Abbey of Saint Denis.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
During the French Revolution, 5 priests were killed in the church during the September Massacres. The church was closed and turned into a storehouse and a temple of the Cult of Reason and the Supreme Being, before being restored to Catholicism in 1802.&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/86/56/53208656.f8f4cc94.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="498" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/86/56/53208656.f8f4cc94.240.jpg?r2" width="214" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/86/56/53208656.f8f4cc94.100.jpg?r2" width="89" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Place de la Bastille</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208572/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-14,doc-53208572</guid>
    <pubDate>Wed, 14 Jan 2026 16:28:56 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T15:02:41+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208572/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/85/72/53208572.8f286014.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="179" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Bastille was built here between 1370 and 1383 during the reign of Charles V as part of the defenses of Paris; the structure was converted into a state prison in the 17th century by Richelieu. At that time, it primarily housed political prisoners, but also religious prisoners, "seditious" writers. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The French Revolution started here with the storming of the Bastille and its subsequent physical destruction between 14 July 1789 and 14 July 1790 No vestige of the prison remains.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Seen in the backdrop is the Opéra Bastille. This site was previously occupied by the Gare de la Bastille railway station, which opened in 1859 and closed in 1969. The opera, designed by architect Carlos Ott, was inaugurated on the evening of July 13, 1989, as the opening event of the celebrations marking the bicentenary of the storming of the Bastille and the beginning of the French Revolution&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Place de la Bastille</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208572/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/85/72/53208572.8f286014.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="179" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Bastille was built here between 1370 and 1383 during the reign of Charles V as part of the defenses of Paris; the structure was converted into a state prison in the 17th century by Richelieu. At that time, it primarily housed political prisoners, but also religious prisoners, "seditious" writers. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The French Revolution started here with the storming of the Bastille and its subsequent physical destruction between 14 July 1789 and 14 July 1790 No vestige of the prison remains.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Seen in the backdrop is the Opéra Bastille. This site was previously occupied by the Gare de la Bastille railway station, which opened in 1859 and closed in 1969. The opera, designed by architect Carlos Ott, was inaugurated on the evening of July 13, 1989, as the opening event of the celebrations marking the bicentenary of the storming of the Bastille and the beginning of the French Revolution&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/85/72/53208572.8f286014.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="416" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/85/72/53208572.8f286014.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="179"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/85/72/53208572.8f286014.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="75"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Cinéma Majestic Bastille</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208548/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-14,doc-53208548</guid>
    <pubDate>Wed, 14 Jan 2026 15:52:49 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T14:55:23+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208548/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/85/48/53208548.a97410ae.240.jpg?r2" width="228" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Opened in 1933 under the name "Bastille-Palace" the cinema offered a 500-seat auditorium with a balcony. The cinema finally closed in 1987, and its facade fell into increasing disrepair over the years. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cinema reopened in 1995 as the Majestic Bastille to screen arthouse and low-budget films. It has two halls which were completely renovated in 2007&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Cinéma Majestic Bastille</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208548/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/85/48/53208548.a97410ae.240.jpg?r2" width="228" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Opened in 1933 under the name "Bastille-Palace" the cinema offered a 500-seat auditorium with a balcony. The cinema finally closed in 1987, and its facade fell into increasing disrepair over the years. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The cinema reopened in 1995 as the Majestic Bastille to screen arthouse and low-budget films. It has two halls which were completely renovated in 2007&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/85/48/53208548.a97410ae.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="532" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/85/48/53208548.a97410ae.240.jpg?r2" width="228" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/85/48/53208548.a97410ae.100.jpg?r2" width="95" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Graffiti</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208002/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-13,doc-53208002</guid>
    <pubDate>Tue, 13 Jan 2026 22:11:25 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T16:15:47+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208002/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/80/02/53208002.17061bfe.240.jpg?r2" width="139" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Vive la résistance Ukrainienne !&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Graffiti</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53208002/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/80/02/53208002.17061bfe.240.jpg?r2" width="139" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;Paris is the capital and largest city of France, with over 2 million inhabitants and more than 13 million in the greater metropolitan area.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Vive la résistance Ukrainienne !&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/80/02/53208002.17061bfe.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="323" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/80/02/53208002.17061bfe.240.jpg?r2" width="139" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/80/02/53208002.17061bfe.100.jpg?r2" width="58" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53207898/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-13,doc-53207898</guid>
    <pubDate>Tue, 13 Jan 2026 20:51:45 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T13:37:02+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53207898/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/98/53207898.faaed149.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="206" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Lady and the Unicorn&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
is the modern title given to a series of six tapestries created in the style of mille-fleurs ("thousand flowers") and woven in Flanders, from designs  drawn in Paris around 1500.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Five of the tapestries are commonly interpreted as depicting the five senses. The sixth displays the words "À mon seul désir". Each of the tapestries depicts a noble lady with a unicorn on her left and a lion on her right; some include a monkey in the scene.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The tapestries were rediscovered in 1841 by Prosper Mérimée at Boussac Castle. At the time, the tapestries were in poor condition. In 1844, George Sand encountered the tapestries and brought them to public attention, notably through her novel Jeanne, in which she accurately dated them to the late 15th century by analyzing the ladies' costumes. Despite growing interest, the tapestries remained at risk until 1882, when Edmond Du Sommerard, curator of the Musée de Cluny in Paris, purchased them.&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53207898/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/98/53207898.faaed149.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="206" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Lady and the Unicorn&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
is the modern title given to a series of six tapestries created in the style of mille-fleurs ("thousand flowers") and woven in Flanders, from designs  drawn in Paris around 1500.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Five of the tapestries are commonly interpreted as depicting the five senses. The sixth displays the words "À mon seul désir". Each of the tapestries depicts a noble lady with a unicorn on her left and a lion on her right; some include a monkey in the scene.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The tapestries were rediscovered in 1841 by Prosper Mérimée at Boussac Castle. At the time, the tapestries were in poor condition. In 1844, George Sand encountered the tapestries and brought them to public attention, notably through her novel Jeanne, in which she accurately dated them to the late 15th century by analyzing the ladies' costumes. Despite growing interest, the tapestries remained at risk until 1882, when Edmond Du Sommerard, curator of the Musée de Cluny in Paris, purchased them.&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/98/53207898.faaed149.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="480" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/98/53207898.faaed149.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="206"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/98/53207898.faaed149.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="86"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53207874/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-13,doc-53207874</guid>
    <pubDate>Tue, 13 Jan 2026 20:10:12 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T14:01:37+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53207874/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/74/53207874.9cbc99c5.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="114" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Altarpiece &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
of the Passion and the Childhood of Christ &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Northern France (Beauvais ?), 1520 - 1530&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53207874/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/74/53207874.9cbc99c5.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="114" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Altarpiece &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
of the Passion and the Childhood of Christ &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Northern France (Beauvais ?), 1520 - 1530&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/74/53207874.9cbc99c5.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="265" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/74/53207874.9cbc99c5.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="114"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/78/74/53207874.9cbc99c5.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="48"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53206210/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-11,doc-53206210</guid>
    <pubDate>Sun, 11 Jan 2026 19:34:08 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T14:09:06+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53206210/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/62/10/53206210.93a4279a.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="196" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Holy Family&lt;br /&gt;
(with a naughty little Jesus)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
attributed to Lux Maurus&lt;br /&gt;
Kempten, Swabia, 1510  -  1520&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53206210/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/62/10/53206210.93a4279a.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="196" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Holy Family&lt;br /&gt;
(with a naughty little Jesus)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
attributed to Lux Maurus&lt;br /&gt;
Kempten, Swabia, 1510  -  1520&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/62/10/53206210.93a4279a.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="456" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/62/10/53206210.93a4279a.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="196"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/62/10/53206210.93a4279a.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="82"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53205998/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-11,doc-53205998</guid>
    <pubDate>Sun, 11 Jan 2026 15:50:25 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T13:32:36+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53205998/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/59/98/53205998.462cfa0f.240.jpg?r2" width="181" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Bagpipe player&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Clear glass, grisaille&lt;br /&gt;
France, about 1500&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53205998/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/59/98/53205998.462cfa0f.240.jpg?r2" width="181" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Bagpipe player&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Clear glass, grisaille&lt;br /&gt;
France, about 1500&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/59/98/53205998.462cfa0f.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="421" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/59/98/53205998.462cfa0f.240.jpg?r2" width="181" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/59/98/53205998.462cfa0f.100.jpg?r2" width="76" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53205772/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-11,doc-53205772</guid>
    <pubDate>Sun, 11 Jan 2026 13:09:39 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T13:23:34+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53205772/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/57/72/53205772.91160697.240.jpg?r2" width="136" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The chapel &lt;br /&gt;
was part of the Hotel de Cluny. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Almost square in space it features a stunning flamboyant gothic style&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53205772/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/57/72/53205772.91160697.240.jpg?r2" width="136" height="240" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The chapel &lt;br /&gt;
was part of the Hotel de Cluny. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Almost square in space it features a stunning flamboyant gothic style&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/57/72/53205772.91160697.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="318" height="560" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/57/72/53205772.91160697.240.jpg?r2" width="136" height="240"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/57/72/53205772.91160697.100.jpg?r2" width="57" height="100"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</title>
    <link>https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53205756/in/album/762594</link>
    <guid isPermaLink="false">tag:ipernity.com,2026-01-11,doc-53205756</guid>
    <pubDate>Sun, 11 Jan 2026 12:57:45 +0000</pubDate>
    <dc:date.created>2025-08-01T13:23:13+01:00</dc:date.created>
    <author>nobody@ipernity.com (Martin M. Miles)</author>
    <description>&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53205756/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/57/56/53205756.7b4273c6.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="165" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The chapel &lt;br /&gt;
was part of the Hotel de Cluny. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Almost square in space it features a stunning flamboyant gothic style&lt;/div&gt;</description>
    <media:title>Paris  -  Musée de Cluny</media:title>
    <media:text type="html">&lt;p class="who"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/home/323415"&gt;Martin M. Miles&lt;/a&gt; has posted:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p class="preview"&gt;&lt;a href="https://www.ipernity.com/doc/323415/53205756/in/album/762594"&gt;&lt;img src="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/57/56/53205756.7b4273c6.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="165" alt=""/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class="description"&gt;The Hôtel de Cluny was built in the late 15th century on the site of an older building constructed after the Abbey of Cluny acquired the ancient Roman baths in 1340.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The manor house was rebuilt under Jacques d’Amboise, Abbot Commander of Cluny (1485–1510). In the 18th century, the tower of the Hôtel de Cluny served as an observatory for the astronomers Joseph-Nicolas Delisle, Jérôme Lalande, and Charles Messier. During the French Revolution in 1789, the manor house was confiscated.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In 1832, the archaeologist and art collector Alexandre Du Sommerard acquired the Hôtel de Cluny and used it to display his extensive collection of medieval artifacts. After his death, the collection became the property of the French state. The building opened as a museum in 1843.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The museum underwent a complete renovation over three years and reopened in 2022.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The chapel &lt;br /&gt;
was part of the Hotel de Cluny. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Almost square in space it features a stunning flamboyant gothic style&lt;/div&gt;</media:text>
    <media:content url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/57/56/53205756.7b4273c6.560.jpg?r2" type="image/jpeg" width="560" height="384" duration="0" isDefault="true"  />
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/57/56/53205756.7b4273c6.240.jpg?r2" width="240" height="165"/>
    <media:thumbnail url="https://cdn.ipernity.com/200/57/56/53205756.7b4273c6.100.jpg?r2" width="100" height="69"/>
    <media:credit role="author">Martin M. Miles</media:credit>
  </item>
</channel>
</rss>